Saturday, June 4, 2016

End of School and Changes

Hi Everyone!

My goodness am I glad it is summer vacation. This school year has been quite the roller coaster ride and I am quite happy that it has come to an end. Some rest and relaxation is necessary this next week before I head back to start preparing my next adventure.

I have been teaching first grade in the same classroom for the last 5 years. I have been blessed to have an amazing teaching partner on this journey as well, but everything changed this last year. Our school underwent a lot of staffing changes. Several really good friends of mine will not be working at our school next year. It will be sad not seeing them everyday. I was also moved to second grade. I am sad to leave first grade but excited to head back to second grade. I taught second for three years just out of college. I feel like I have grown so much as a teacher since then that I am excited to see what I can bring to second grade this time around.

This change also means a change in classrooms. I had no idea I had collected so much stuff until I was told to pack it all up. Oh my!! The more I packed the more their seemed to be. I don't know how some of you do this every year. I think I would lose my mind. Thanks to an amazing friend, I finally got it all out of my old room and into my new room yesterday. It will be another week before the furniture gets moved over and I can start cleaning the HUGE mess. My teaching partner is in the same boat. She is still teaching first but was made to move classrooms as well so we will both be working together all summer to straighten up the mess and fix our new rooms.

All this rambling sums up to me being a second grade teacher next year with a new classroom. Since my friend and I still plan on doing lots together I will still be creating for first grade but I will now be adding some second grade items to my store.

Time to relax before another wild year that hopefully has less changes in it than this last year.

--Ashley

1 comment:

  1. So glad that you have been able to move everything over! I am so excited for you and your journey in second grade! You are going to be amazing!

    Mrs. 3rd Grade 

    ReplyDelete